Forget spending $7 on an artificial syrup-filled coffee beverage that will spike your blood sugar. This EASY healthier copycat pumpkin spice latte will save you money and nourish and warm you from the inside out. Plus it’s easily made vegan and requires no espresso machine!
What’s in a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte?
The most popular fall drink! Coffee and pumpkin lovers look forward to this season every year. The warm spices of nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, ginger, and nutmeg come together with robust coffee or espresso and frothy milk. It’s commonly sold at Starbucks and coffee shops from around September to November, until peppermint mocha and gingerbread latte season strikes!
What type of coffee should you use for the copycat Starbucks pumpkin spice latte?
This is completely up to your taste in coffee. I prefer a light or medium roast, as I don’t want the warm spices to compete with a heavy dark roast. If you are using espresso, I recommend a medium intensity pod like Roma.
What if I don’t have pumpkin pie spice?
No worries! Simply create your own mix by combining ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg. You can experiment with different ratios but I prefer a 2:1 ratio of cinnamon: ginger, cloves, allspice and nutmeg.
What non-dairy milk is best for lattes?
I prefer full-fat canned coconut milk because of the thick creamy consistency and rich flavor, but you could also try oat milk or almond milk. Almond milk is the skim milk of nut milks; however, so it will not yield as creamy of a latte. If you eat dairy then you could use whole milk or half & half.
Best Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (dairy free + refined-sugar free)
- coffee maker
- blender or milk frother
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee*
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk**
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp liquid sweetener such as agave syrup or honey
- 1 scoop collagen
- Blend everything together and pour into your favorite mug! Sprinkle with extra cinnamon or pumpkin spice. Alternatively, use a milk frother to froth together coconut milk, spices, collagen, and vanilla. Pour over freshly brewed coffee.
- Alternatively use milk frother to mix everything but coffee. Then pour over hot coffee.
- Savor each sip!